Incident 1

On the morning of 18th February 2011, at about 9.50 am, I was standing at Coffee Bean ( Novena Square ) counter, ordering my usual cup of mocha latte before heading into the office as usual. Behind me was a row of leather cushions that the mall has provided.
In the corner of my eyes, I noticed a Chinese lady with an umbrella and a cold storage plastic bag, looking really nervous, glancing around every now and then.

The lady had shoulder length hair tied up neatly in a pony tail and looked pretty plain, wearing just a normal t-shirt and jeans – nothing too revealing.

She was in her mid 20s to early 30s and pretty pleasant looking, I must say. But her eyes were scary when she stared intently at me for a short moment.
I did not pay much attention to her as I thought she was waiting for the slimming centre to open. I carried on my business as usual, glancing through the Today newspaper. 

As I made my way towards the direction of Banquet coffee shop, she stood up and walked towards my direction. What happened next caught me completely by surprise.

The lady stopped directly in front of me, stared at me and suddenly screamed, “Why you touch me?”

Only then did I realise from her unmistakable accent that she is from China . I said, “Sorry? What are you talking about?” I was more in shock then anger. The first thing that came to my mind was, is this some woman that I accidentally brushed on the train this morning?

She did not bother to explain but kept on screaming and pointing her index finger at me, “Why you touch me!” about 4 or 5 times. She then squatted, covering her face and cried, crying out over and over again that I had touched her. I was really lost.

There were some people walking past me and I felt like a criminal standing there, while people gave me this disgusted look. All the while I was trying to talk to the Chinalady but she remained in a squatted position, covering her face and crying.

At this point of time, a Malay man in light blue coloured uniform walked over from Banquet. Seeing the situation, he asked me what happened.

The lady stood up and said that I had “touched” her. She then told the Malay man that I need to give her $500 to “see doctor” or else she would report me to the Chinese Embassy. She took out her hand phone and took several photos of me.

The Malay man then said, “Bro, I think we better call the police”.

At this point of time, I have gotten over my shock, and anger was slowly taking over. I nodded to the Malay man in agreement. I took out my hand phone too. But instead of taking her photo, I dialed 999 immediately. “I am calling the police myself. Let them settle the matter”, I said calmly to the both of them. 

She picked up her plastic bag and umbrella, and swiftly left towards the direction of Tan Tock Seng hospital – even before my call could connect!

We were left there puzzled. Somehow I was relieved that it was over and did not want to proceed with the call. The Malay man asked me if I was ok. All I said was “Thanks”. He patted my shoulder and walked away towards the direction of Coffee Bean.

Several patrons inside banquet were already witnessing the commotion. I just wanted to get out of there.


In case something like this happens to you or your loved ones, do not make the same mistake I did, trying to console the woman. Immediately take out your hand phone, take a photo of her and call the police. Please help to spread this around to our Singaporean husbands, sons, brothers and friends.
Please, my dear Singaporeans, look around you, what has happened to our country? Where have all these pests come from? Think about your loved ones and your other Singaporean friends.

 Forward this story and make sure that they know what to do when the same thing happens to them.



Incident 2

My friend is a retired businessman in his early 60 and what he encountered last Saturday in a high end dining/shopping area could also happen to anyone of us.

My friend accompanied his wife to a bank in HollandVillageto do some banking transaction. While his wife was being served by the personal banking executive, he decided to go and do some window-shopping around the area.

While admiring the display, suddenly, out of nowhere, a young 20+ girl pushes him aside and shouted at him, accusing my friend of molesting her. She then asked my friend to compensate her for her "ordeal" - lost of face.

My friend being a gentleman was stunned and lost for words for a moment because he really never did anything to her.

He just stood there and didn’t know what to do. His mind went blank.

Luckily, a Caucasian man nearby saw all that and told the PRC girl to stop her nuisance (unsure whether she understands English) and took out his mobile and said he wanted to call the police.

The PRC girl quickly walked away joining the other shoppers.

Should any man become one of the victims, please stay calm. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT start arguing or reasoning with her. If you try to reason with her, then you have fallen into her trap.

In general, people will most likely sympathise and believe a female as the victim. You will end up paying what she demands. Just take out your mobile or ask someone (if you have no mobile) to call the police. Let the law enforcement authority deal with her.

For sure, all this PRC girls dare not face the justice of the law because most of them are over-stayers.

Better still, if you witness such incident, be sure to stand up and fight for the justice of such poor men. Ladies who come forward will carry even more weight.